Forbes Convenes Industry Leaders At Third- Annual Blockchain 50 Symposium: ‘Crypto Goes Corporate’
Forbes announced its third-annual Blockchain 50 Symposium on April 13th, bringing together leaders from major global companies in a series of discussions around the use of cryptocurrencies, and how they’re being been made available to millions of customers, creating real efficiencies. Thanks in part to bitcoin’s amazing surge, more large companies than ever are building products for cryptocurrency and using the underlying blockchain technology.
“Every year we see more large companies are offering Bitcoin transactions to hundreds of millions of customers and using blockchain to seize a competitive advantage, embracing the fruits of this new technology to solve real world problems,” said Michael del Castillo, Forbes’ Associate Editor for Crypto and Blockchain. “This event convenes leaders from diverse industries, to explore how they are employing blockchain and keeping pace with the rapid rate of change.”
Amid the pandemic, the use of blockchain has accelerated rapidly, with Bitcoin rising 300% in value in 2020. Attendees will learn how the world’s top industry leaders are using blockchain to speed up business processes, increase transparency and potentially save billions of dollars.
- Mariana Gomez de la Villa, Distributed Ledger Technology Program Director, ING
- Pete Cherecwich, President, Corporate & Institutional Services, Northern Trust Corporation
- Jeanine Hightower- Sellitto, CEO, Atomyze
- Krelyne Andrew, Head of Sustainability, Dissolving Pulp, Sappi
- Jennifer Peve, Managing Director, Business Innovation, DTCC
- Umar Farooq, CEO, Onyx
- Cuy Sheffield, Senior Director, Head of Crypto, Visa
- Michael del Castillo, Associate Editor, Crypto & Blockchain, Forbes
- Franck Le Moal, CIO, LVMH
- Tom Jessop, President, Fidelity Digital Assets
- Tim McCourt, Global Head & Managing Director, Equity & Alternative Investment Products, CME Group
- Michael Saylor, CEO, Microstrategy
- Dr. Geoff Jiang, President, Intelligent Technology Business Group, Ant Group
- Steve Ehrlich, Director of Research, Digital Assets, Forbes
The Symposium follows the February publication of Forbes’ 2021 Blockchain 50, a compilation of the top 50 companies that are leading the pack employing distributed ledger technology.