Atomyze LLC – Digital Tokenization Platform
Atomyze LLC is the global fintech company creating a tokenization platform and an advanced marketplace to source, trade, track, invest and exchange ownership of commodities, and other real assets. Using blockchain technology, Atomyze LLC is digitizing and modernizing trading and investment, creating new market access and liquidity, and improving the management of ESG product and supply chain contacts.
Newly created Corporate Paralegal position located in Greenwich and jointly reports to the Chief Legal Officer and the Chief Compliance Officer. Carries out a range of para-professional duties under the supervision of an attorney or compliance officer. The position assists the Legal and Compliance teams with all facets of various regulatory and transactional deals. Areas of focus can include, but are not limited to, Money Transmitter Licenses (“MTLs”), registration oversight for CFTC and/ or SEC, overseeing regulatory reporting obligations, commercial contract review and analysis, IT platform development agreements, marketing and promotion, digital media and platforms (including social media and website content review), drafting policies and procedures, as well as legal work related to various aspects of operating a digital token platform.
- Drafts contracts and/or other legal documents, ranging from standard to highly complex.
- Manages vendor approval workflow and drafts vendor master services agreements on a largely independent basis
- Maintains the department’s master and standard contracts and other documents, and updates and distributes as necessary
- Conducts research, which may include some higher-level analysis, in areas of focus, which may include regulatory filing with NMLS MTLs, SEC and/ or CFTC, research in support of litigation, and other legal research
- May conduct administrative support activities for department attorneys and compliance officers as necessary
- Interacts with attorneys and other legal department personnel, outside counsel and internal clients; often interacts, under attorney and/ or compliance officer supervision, with other third parties
- Build the foundation for and drive the implementation of processes and controls for legal, regulatory and compliance initiatives
- Performs such other duties or functions as the supervising attorney or compliance officer may delegate to them
- Minimum of 3 years of applicable legal experience required
- Significant contract drafting experience
- Expertise in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- The ability to consistently solve problems with a high degree of independent decision-making
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Demonstrated strong operational expertise
- Proven success in judgment in a broad scope of matters
- Full knowledge of selected legal procedures, terminology, and contract policies and standards
- Strong research skills in both legal and public domains
- Ability to handle a high volume of work with minimal supervision while exercising the judgment to appropriately discern when to escalate issues.
- Superior organization skills with the ability to prioritize workload efficiently and effectively, and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and must be highly team oriented.
- High level of professionalism and ability to maintain absolute confidentiality.
- Ability to build business acumen and understand core elements of the applicable business areas
Subject matter expertise in financial markets, commodities, cryptocurrencies, blockchain, regulatory, or compliance space for a law firm or corporate in-house legal department
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Paralegal certification or Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree